The advancement in dentistry has been remarkable. Procedures that used to take weeks, or even months, can now be completed in just one visit to the dentist’s office. Previously, processes like taking a mold of the teeth to fabricate crowns, veneers, etc. used to be laborious. The dentist would provide the patient with a soft, gross, clay-like material to bite into, and that would leave an impression of their tooth on it.
Though it was being practiced for several years, it wasn’t very precise and would leave the dental restorations lacking in accuracy. If the mold was damaged or lost, the process had to be carried out all over again. Such limitations of the conventional ‘mold-method’ called for a better means of scanning the teeth and determining their contour and shape precisely. We are proud to present to you 3Shape Dental Scanners.
What is a 3Shape Scanner?
3Shape is an innovative Intraoral scanner that is used to scan the insides of the mouth for medical purposes. It produces an unlimited number of views of the teeth, gums, soft tissues and their minute visual details in a matter of a few seconds. It is highly helpful in scanning the teeth to produce accurate dimensions for fabricating Invisalign and ClearCorrect aligners.
What are the advantages of 3Shape scanners?
The technology used in 3Shape is more advanced than that of any other oral scanner. The images produced by it are highly realistic and detailed.
- The scanner is wireless, making it flexible and getting rid of the hassles of wires and physical limitations that it poses.
- The scanning speed is remarkable. 3Shape is able to accurately scan the upper jaw, lower jaw and align the bite perfectly in under a minute.
- 3Shape comes with a high-resolution remote operated screen that is used to project the images of the patients’ oral setup. It allows the patients to get a good view of their teeth and how best their dental anomaly can be treated.
- 3Shape produces highly precise dimensions for fabricating orthodontic appliances such as Invisalign and ClearCorrect. Using the 3Shape TRIO apps, dentists can accurately show patients how their smile would change after the completion of orthodontic treatment.
- 3Shape also helps in making restorative dental appliances such as crowns, bridges, Inlays, Onlays, Veneers, dentures, implant posts, abutments, sleep appliances, etc. Some of the procedures can be completed on the same day.
- Using the images produced by 3Shape, the dentist can accurately explain to the patients about the right preventive care they should take.
Schedule an appointment with Dr. Los to know more about 3Shape and how it can benefit you.