Cosmetic dentistry involves several processes that are aimed at improving the aes-thetics of the mouth. The best thing about most cosmetic dental procedure is that they not only improve the aesthetics, but also the functionality and the oral health as a whole.
Some of the cosmetic dental services that we offer are teeth whitening, porcelain ve-neers and clear aligners.
Teeth discoloration is very common, and pretty much all of us are subjected to it. The major causes of teeth discoloration are improper and irregular brushing and flossing, excessive consumption of colored foods, heredity, and oral infections. Getting the teeth whitened would increase a person’s confidence immensely and help them regain the lost smile due to discolored teeth.
The different types of teeth whitening are:
- In-office teeth whitening: It is the simplest type of teeth whitening and is done in our dental practice by a trained dentist. A whitening gel will be applied on the teeth and spread evenly. It will be allowed to stay on the teeth until the stains are removed, after which it will be rinsed off. The procedure may be repeated more than once depending on the severity of discoloration.
- Custom whitening trays: We offer customized whitening trays for our patients, which they can use to whiten their teeth at the comfort of their home. The whiten-ing trays will have to be worn as recommended by the dentist along with the pre-scribed whitening gel. This effectively removes the stain by preventing the inter-vention of saliva with it.
- Laser whitening: This process uses a photosensitive whitening gel that would be activated with the help of a laser. The foam produced due to the activation of the gel effectively removes the stains, and the best part about it is the time involved. The process can be completed within a short span of time and is especially helpful for those who run on a tight schedule.
Veneers are customized dental appliances made of porcelain. They are thin wafer-like restorations that are bonded to the surface of a tooth in order to alter its appearance and functionality. Veneers can be used for the following purposes:
- When a tooth is cracked or chipped due to an external injury to the mouth, veneers can be used to restore it back to its original state.
- Teeth which are badly discolored and can’t be brought back to their original color can be restored using veneers.
- Misshapen or naturally out-of-shape teeth can be shaped as required with the help of veneers.
- Excessive gap between adjacent teeth can be eliminated using veneers.
- When teeth reduce in length due to excessive wear, a crown lengthening cosmetic dental procedure can be done using veneers.
Malocclusion is one of the most common dental issue among individuals of all age groups. It can be of different types, such as open bite, closed bite, cross bite, overbite, underbite, etc. Orthodontic appliances such as braces usually help to solve the condition effectively. However, patients who don’t wish to reveal that they’re receiving orthodontic treatment can choose Clear aligners.
Clear aligners are made from dental grade plastic material which is transparent. This way, people won’t be able to notice them, but the aligners work their magic in dis-guise. They are custom-fabricated according to every patient’s teeth and severity of malocclusion. The aligners gently apply pressure on the teeth and move them to their right positions during a specific treatment period. Moreover, they are safe and metal-free, which makes it the most sought-after orthodontic solution for teenagers and patients with sensitive gums.
Schedule an appointment with us and our dentists would be happy to help you get the smile that you always dreamt of having.